[V4MD] Intermittent setMedia

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 11 22:40:52 CDT 2004

On 5/11/04 10:34 PM, "Scott Runkel" <srunkel at hypix.com> wrote:

>> 3) I wonder why you store into BLOB but not into TEXT field?
>
> I'm using BLOB so that I can retain all of the #text members' properties:
> scrollType, font, fontsize, superscripts, tables, hyperlinks, colors, etc.
> (You
> may know, Director has #text members and #field members; #text members can
> take
> a lot more formatting and such.) This decision was made after discussions on
> this list where various options were considered.
>
> I do have a TEXT field as well in the database, just to store the text of the
> member for searching. But that's no good for actually bringing up the #text
> member.
>
> When it works, it works perfectly, and very fast.

I see.

Just if you'd use text it is possible to open db in Valentina Studio to see
if text is really there.

This could help isolate if problem with Set or Get.

---
Well, I really have no idea, why it happens.
Than more on random basic.

Try add into your loop flush after EACH or after each 10th, 50th record.
May be problem in RAM somehow.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com