[V4MD] Intermittent setMedia

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Tue May 11 12:34:07 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks for the reply.

> 1) a couple of times such strange glitches was caused by corrupted Director
> projector. Director have someway to repair it seems. Please check this
> point.

I'm in Authoring, not Projector. If it's corrupted, there are no other signs.
Everything else works perfectly all the time. All #text member media can be
retrieved with getMedia(), as long as it was correctly set into the database to
begin with (those that work, always work).

> 2) this is exactly not an issue with locks.
> Because most records work correctly and there is no 363 error code.

OK.

> 3) I wonder why you store into BLOB but not into TEXT field?

I'm using BLOB so that I can retain all of the #text members' properties:
scrollType, font, fontsize, superscripts, tables, hyperlinks, colors, etc. (You
may know, Director has #text members and #field members; #text members can take
a lot more formatting and such.) This decision was made after discussions on
this list where various options were considered.

I do have a TEXT field as well in the database, just to store the text of the
member for searching. But that's no good for actually bringing up the #text
member.

When it works, it works perfectly, and very fast.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology
Hypix Media, Inc.