val. App: a real annoyance

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun May 2 09:02:04 CDT 2004

On 5/2/04 6:01 AM, "michael geary" <listmail at gearyweb.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

> so, it is a true nuisance that the R.B. Valentina application, which is
> otherwise very useful, simply WILL NOT open anything that isn't a TEXT
> file type, regardless of the true contents of the file. Can you please
> tweak it such that WE, who are after all developers that know somewhat
> what we are doing, can choose any file to import?

I wonder if you can switch to Valentina Studio for this tasks?

> Also, it is very inconvenient that we cannot re-order the fields in a
> table once created.

Well, such feature have only FileMaker I think.
Something similar have probably mySQL.
We also going to implement this functionality in Valentina 2.0 kernel
And therefore in Valentina Studio based on 2.0

> In almost all of my projects, my clients supply the
> data, and they keep moving things around. It would make my life much
> easier if I could simply reorder the fields in the table.

You always can use

    Select f4, f2, f6, f1

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com