V4RB Sockets, Threads and Windows Crashes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 31 11:57:00 CST 2004

On 3/31/04 10:58 AM, "Cindy Brown" <cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com> wrote:

>>> Problems found.
>>>
>>> -----> Field: "ItemDescrPtr' of type ObjectPtr
>>> All right.
>>>
>>> -----> Field: "Value' of type VarChar
>>> All right.
>>>
>>> -----> Field: "TextValue' of type Text
>>> Problems found!
>>>
>>> (!) Minor problem: exists 1 orphan segments.(indicate mistake in algorithm.)
>>
>> Such problem can be result of crash.
>>
>> And it show that you have made
>>   Text.value = something  // this have put data into BLOB file
>>
>> But there was no cursor.Update() call, so they was not fixed.
>
> Unless a varchar field is a blob file, I don't have any BLOB files in any of
> my databases,

Aha, right. Above is problem in the system table.

Hmm. Do you create some fields during your work?
Why system table is affected...

May be you do some queries that build TMP tables...
Although TMP tables do not touch system tables.

> especially not in the one that I am working with which is my
> assessments database. So why this error is occurring I have no idea.

Note, that orphan segment IS NOT fatal problem.
Db still is usable. Just you have leaks of disk space.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com