V4RB Sockets, Threads and Windows Crashes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 31 11:54:59 CST 2004

On 3/31/04 10:58 AM, "Cindy Brown" <cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com> wrote:

>>> If I then run it again, the records continue updating but are now
>>> corrupted so if I try to bring them across to another workstation the
>>> records corrupt the workstations databases. Only happens on Windows. I have
>>> created a thread and got the semaphores to work as they should. Everything
>>> seems to be working fine. There are no doubles, the server is only
>>> collecting one record at a time. In fact, in my test environment there is
>>> only one workstation running and therefore the records are only being
>>
>> I wonder. You always do tests from remote computer?
>> Have you try WIN client to your WIN Server located on the same WIN computer?
>
> I am using a single PC with a server and two clients on it. At the moment I
> am only running one client at a time to eliminate any potential problems of
> threading, etc. The problem occurs with only one client running every time.
> Note, when I initially create the 244 records on the client program, it
> creates them with no problems. It is only when I send them across the server
> and to another client that the problem occurs.

Again not clear.

You mean that first client Adds 244 records. All fine.
Then second client try to READ this 244 records and problem?

Please do not use literature terms "send them across the server".
:-)

I do not understand such English.

Please use pure technical terms.

    client READ WRITE to/from server.