Mac OS X choices

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Mar 28 10:41:22 CST 2004

On 3/28/04 8:32 AM, "Alex Lindsay" <alindsay at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Alex,

> I have been using RealBasic and Valentina for some personal projects
> and I am considering doing some work in Cocoa (Objective C).  What
> Valentina product would be best?  Should I look at the C libraries or
> the C++ classes?

I'd recommend C++. It is more powerful, but can be little more hard, if you
have no good experience in C++

> I know that the X Tools compiler has Objective C++
> (Objective C with some C++) support but I am unsure of the real world
> issues involved in mixing the two.  I am very familiar with both
> straight C as well as C++.   Is there any Object-C wrappers for
> Valentina?

Aha, so you know C++. Then try C++ SDK.
It includes example of usage of Valentina C++ SDK in Cocoa!

There is no yet true wrapper for Objective-C

> I would be interested in any and all experiences with Valentina in a
> Mac OS X.

You mean MacOS X or C++ ?

MacOS X is used by a lots of developers in RB, Director.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com