Format version problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 19 23:36:36 CST 2004

On 3/18/04 4:35 PM, "Francesco Cosoleto" <francesco.cosoleto at libero.it>
wrote:

Hi Francesco,

>> Do you mean that you get from C SDK some string of VarChar.
>> And LATER it change value?
>>
>> This is "feature" of C SDK.
>> And I think this is mentioned in the docs.
>>
>> You must COPY returned string into YOUR OWN buffer.
>>
>> Because Valentina C SDK usese internal ONE buffer for strings which it
>> returns. On the next call that return a string, this buffer will be
>> reused. You see?
>>
>> You must not just store pointers to string.
>> COPY returned string into own buffer.
>>
>> Yes, this is non standard way for C libraries.
>> I have made experiment :-)
>> Still not sure if it is good.
>>
>> May be in Valentina 2.0 we will redo this in some other way.
>> C language do not have good ways to handle strings...
>
> I see, I see.  A buffer that depends on point where data is recorded in
> random access mode. Results with DataBase_Dump() give me the same behaviour,
> and I think therefore so. Further, DataBase_Dump() in SQL mode, instead of
> output a lot of data, exit immediately after 3 record (1 VarChar of 3)

Hmm, SQL dump should works fine.

In the same time note, that SQL LOAD DUMP not implemented.
Only XML load dump works.

> Why are you unsure about your code?

Because I speak about DESIGN issues.
Exists several ways of design, and one can prefer one design, somebody else
other design.

> Do I need to learn Macromedia Director
> language in order to control anything? I hope not.

So you use Macromedia Director or C language ?????
You have NOT answer on this my question.

It seems you use Director,

Then forget all above in green color,
because that was info for C SDK.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com