Format version problem

Francesco Cosoleto francesco.cosoleto at libero.it
Thu Mar 18 15:35:17 CST 2004

On Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:07 PM,
valentina-request at lists.macserve.net <valentina-request at lists.macserve.net>
wrote:

Hi Ruslan Zasukhin,

> Do you mean that you get from C SDK some string of VarChar.
> And LATER it change value?
>
> This is "feature" of C SDK.
> And I think this is mentioned in the docs.
>
> You must COPY returned string into YOUR OWN buffer.
>
> Because Valentina C SDK usese internal ONE buffer for strings which it
> returns. On the next call that return a string, this buffer will be
> reused. You see?
>
> You must not just store pointers to string.
> COPY returned string into own buffer.
>
> Yes, this is non standard way for C libraries.
> I have made experiment :-)
> Still not sure if it is good.
>
> May be in Valentina 2.0 we will redo this in some other way.
> C language do not have good ways to handle strings...

I see, I see.  A buffer that depends on point where data is recorded in
random access mode. Results with DataBase_Dump() give me the same behaviour,
and I think therefore so. Further, DataBase_Dump() in SQL mode, instead of
output a lot of data, exit immediately after 3 record (1 VarChar of 3)

Why are you unsure about your code? Do I need to learn Macromedia Director
language in order to control anything? I hope not.

Thank you very much for your help.

Francesco Cosoleto