V4RB varchar-351 error

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Fri Mar 19 06:08:58 CST 2004

> This means that you must create in your app ONE global mutex,
>   gValentinaMutex
>
> And from YOUR threads, BEFORE call any Valentina function you must do
>
>   gValentinaMutex.lock
>
>       Valentina function call
>
>   gValentinaMutex.unlock
>

> This is not exact syntax of REALbasic, I don't know it.

Hi Ruslan,

I'll give this a try this week and see if this helps me at all in sorting
out the problem. Though I still don't understand why this only occurs on
Windows and not on Macintosh - maybe because of the speed of updating?

> ----------------
> P.S. Cindy and I will very recommend consider switching to Valentina Server
> and V4RB client. I think that we was able make our Server little more better
> then you could do your in REALbasic. We use special C++ framework for
> development of servers, it provide us very effective threading model and so
> on.

I am certainly looking at your server and client application where I will be
running school clusters (which I will be doing in the near future). But my
own server works best for me for single schools as it allows people to work
on their laptops away from a network and then bring their machine back to
the network to update their changes to and from the server. As I understand
it, you're server (as with most) does not allow this.

Thanks for your help and I'll give your suggestion a try.

--

Cindy Brown
Programmer

Kowhai Programming Systems
PO Box 198, Invercargill
81 Marama Avenue South, 9RD Invercargill
Phone (03) 213 1243
Fax (03) 213 1248
Mobile (021) 354 930
<http://www.kowhaiprogramming.com/>