V4RB varchar-351 error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 18 11:23:49 CST 2004

On 3/18/04 11:17 AM, "Cindy Brown" <cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com> wrote:

Hi Cindy,

>> If yes, then I can think only about the next mistake:
>>   you have forget in SERVER app do semaphoring of Valentina engine calls.
>
> How do you do this? I am a programmer who taught myself who to program so
> I'm not always sure what these things mean.

Okay, so you have own SERVER application.
Then first of all:

I assume that you create new thread for each connected client, yes?
So if you have 10 connections you have 10 threads. Yes?

And here IMPORTANT to understand, that V4RB plugin is NOT thread save.

This means that you must create in your app ONE global mutex,
    gValentinaMutex

And from YOUR threads, BEFORE call any Valentina function you must do

    gValentinaMutex.lock

        Valentina function call

    gValentinaMutex.unlock

This is not exact syntax of REALbasic, I don't know it.

P.S. Cindy and I will very recommend consider switching to Valentina Server
and V4RB client. I think that we was able make our Server little more better
then you could do your in REALbasic. We use special C++ framework for
development of servers, it provide us very effective threading model and so
on.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com