V4RB varchar-351 error

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Thu Mar 18 09:07:13 CST 2004

le 18/03/04 2:27, Cindy Brown <cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com> a écrit :

> I'm back to this major hassle I am having on PC computers where I am
> reasonably regularly seeing varchar -351 errors. I virtually never get these
> on the Macintosh, just on the PC. And it seems to work mainly from the
> workstation to the server. I am sending the data as a packet of information
> and the program adds, edits or deletes a record where applicable. It seems
> that the PC works very fast and when a few records are being added extremely
> quickly, the error appears. Then after a few times of this, the data
> actually does become corrupted.

I'm just seeing this error yesterday too. Don't know why this appeared.
The config with witch the error occured is :
- Fujitsu Siemens intel® pentium® 4, CPU 2.80ghz, 520 Mo Ram, 80 Go HD
- XP Professionnel version 2002 service pack 1, French OS

The project was compiled with RB 3.5.2 and V4RB 1.10 (no client/server
version)

The error was seen while trying to append a record, but I think this was a
previous action that does corrupt the DB, perhaps an attempting to delete
one. Sorry to be so inaccurated, but the user doesn't remind this very well
and I'm not been able to reproduce.

Every Add, Update is followed by a Flush command.
The Delete command was not followed by a Flush and is used with a cursor
with 1 or more records (the command is myCursor.DeleteAll). The DeleteAll
command seems to be successful (return True).

Best regards.

François Van Lerberghe
Rue Thier Monty, 15 A
4570 Marchin