V4RB varchar-351 error

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Thu Mar 18 14:27:49 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I'm back to this major hassle I am having on PC computers where I am
reasonably regularly seeing varchar -351 errors. I virtually never get these
on the Macintosh, just on the PC. And it seems to work mainly from the
workstation to the server. I am sending the data as a packet of information
and the program adds, edits or deletes a record where applicable. It seems
that the PC works very fast and when a few records are being added extremely
quickly, the error appears. Then after a few times of this, the data
actually does become corrupted.

I am unable to produce a small version of this as it would take me quite a
few hours to cut my program back so I can send it in a manageable state.
Could you please check and see why the PC version is causing these problems.
I have a number of schools using the PC version and now they are complaining
that it is unreliable.

I really need some help with this as soon as possible.

--

Cindy Brown
Programmer

Kowhai Programming Systems
PO Box 198, Invercargill
81 Marama Avenue South, 9RD Invercargill
Phone (03) 213 1243
Fax (03) 213 1248
Mobile (021) 354 930
<http://www.kowhaiprogramming.com/>