V4RB varchar-351 error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 18 10:06:16 CST 2004

On 3/18/04 3:27 AM, "Cindy Brown" <cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com> wrote:

Hi Cindy,

> I'm back to this major hassle I am having on PC computers where I am
> reasonably regularly seeing varchar -351 errors. I virtually never get these
> on the Macintosh, just on the PC. And it seems to work mainly from the
> workstation to the server. I am sending the data as a packet of information
> and the program adds, edits or deletes a record where applicable. It seems
> that the PC works very fast and when a few records are being added extremely
> quickly, the error appears. Then after a few times of this, the data
> actually does become corrupted.

Please remind me.

* you developer V4RB project
* you have implement own SERVER and own network protocol, yes?
* and you have own client that talk to your server?

Or this is not correct?

If yes, then I can think only about the next mistake:
    you have forget in SERVER app do semaphoring of Valentina engine calls.

We do this in Valentina server alpha, and it works very stable.

> I am unable to produce a small version of this as it would take me quite a
> few hours to cut my program back so I can send it in a manageable state.

You mean you can send me full project?

> Could you please check and see why the PC version is causing these problems.

Problem is that REALbasic (how I hate this) DO NOT allow DEBUG its plugins.
Really have no way with RB.

> I have a number of schools using the PC version and now they are complaining
> that it is unreliable.
>
> I really need some help with this as soon as possible.

Please answer my above questions in the first turn.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com