Valentina datadriven Director app now needs a network versionas well! Anyone got advice?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 10 15:54:44 CST 2004

On 3/10/04 3:18 PM, "Kristafer Vale" <kristafer at comcast.net> wrote:

> Is the Valentina server something that each network admin would have to
> install on their own lans?

In general yes, but please read Vserver.pdf
You can prepare your own custom installer.

> If so do they each need a license?

Florian already have answer a little.

Kristafer, please contact me offlist, I will send you details.

> Is it possible to have a "one-off" install that completely configures the
> server at install time?

yes

> Will it work on PC, Mac OSX and Mac Classic servers?

Server only OS X and Win
Clients works on classic also

> This deliverable is for school systems that may not have very technically
> adept network admins. The application needs to work by just running setup
> and providing users with links to where to access the application. I know it
> sounds like a lot, but it also has to be finished by April so no time to
> re-do much of anything.

Users must be able setup at least TCP IP network.
If they HAVE network, then most probably all is fine already.
Otherwise how they could use network, right?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com