Problems with vServer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 3 19:09:09 CST 2004

on 3/3/04 6:38 PM, Michael Krugman at amacdr at mac.com wrote:

Hi Michael,

> OK..I went through everything you said and here's what I now have:
>
> I deleted everything out and started over.  I downloaded the new
> Server, the one posted March 1, ver a60.  I downloaded V4RB_Client.  I
> deleted out the V4RB_client plugin I already had and replaced it with
> this one.  There are no other V4RB plugins in the folder.  I installed
> Valentina Server, left the DEMO license good to March 31st in place.

> In my app, I ran the demo and after about 15 minutes it happened again.

> I made the changes in my app and about 15 minutes later it happened
> there too.  The data disappears and I have to reopen either the demo
> app or mine, then it works fine again, for about 10-15 minutes.

Very very strange.

1) but please try to run NOT your app, but Example.
    make new db, this will establish new connection to server.
    do not touch it for 10-15 minutes,
    then do Menu -> AddRecords()

2) Aha, wait. Do you working during this 10-15 minutes?
Or just seat and wait?

May be you just see disconnect on timeout?

Igor say that on default Server disconnect a client after 20 minutes
timeout.

Michael, please look into LOG file of Vserver. What it write there.
Also before this, set in the ini file Verbose level = 3

--------
BTW, do you know how to run Valentina Server from terminal window?
Please read Vserver.pdf about this. Very useful to see live output from
server in the console.

Also you can Set debug level = 2 in your V4RB app,
And watch in console output from V4RB!

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com