Welcome to Valentina Developer Network.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 1 21:59:03 CST 2004

on 3/1/04 9:52 PM, Michael Krugman at amacdr at mac.com wrote:

Hi Michael,

> Hi Rusian:
> I'm having trouble with the 4th parameter.  If I have this right, is is
> hostname, username, password, and option, correct?  Is the serial
> number set up as option = C994887(Serial number)?, then just make
> "option" the 4th parameter?  When I compile, it will not accept the 4th
> parameter.  Help is appreciated.

Declaration is next (isn't it in the docs?)

"VDatabase(
    inHost as string,
    inUserName as String,
    inUserPassword as String,
    inPort as Integer,
    inTimeout as integer,
    inOptions as string)"

Sorry, I was wrong with words that this is 4th parameter.
We have also port and TimeOut.

As TimeOut we use default 5.  (seconds)

Port in Valentina server is 15432, but you should use in your app other port
when you will do release. And you need specify your port in the .ini file
also.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com