IndexByWords used in sorting????

Juergen Schreck lists at innernine.com
Thu Jun 24 13:35:05 CDT 2004

I have a column in my database that has both indexed and indexedByWords
enabled.

Whenever I sort on this column with 'Order By' the it doesn't get
sorted at all:

Showing etiquette
Courtesy is so important
In a gentlemanly manner
It comes right down to ethical behavior
Brush up on your manners
Raising polite kids

After removing the IndexByWords setting and having only the Indexed
Flag, sorting works fine. Needless to say, no my Word Match queries
don't work right. Is the sorting thing a bug? Or is this expected? What
are my options? Create a method that returns the text unmodified and
check IndexByWords on that and adjust my word searches to query this
column instead?

Thanks in advance,
Juergen

------