RB Destructors/Destroying Stuff

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Thu Jun 17 20:34:26 CDT 2004

My vServer app will involve people signing on and off.

When a user signs off I am trying to nil references to databases etc.

Firstly, even though I close databases and set their references to nil,
RB shows the names of tables, references to vVarChars and things when I
list object references.

Obvioulsy, as a user repeatedly signs on and off these refs and memory
usage will pile up.

I tried putting a Destructor method into my db classes that killed all
the objects but this doesn't even seem to be being called.

Even when I call it manually it doesn't alter the reference count.

I'm using RB 5.5.2.

What is the best way around this?

Thanks,

Ian