Database lost all data V4RB

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 15 11:08:58 CDT 2004

On 6/15/04 10:59 AM, "Cindy Brown" <cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com> wrote:

Hi Cindy,

> I've just had a client send me their database which wasn't working. They
> have been using it on a PC. When I got their database I found that though
> the .dat file is 22.9MB and the .ind file is 9.8MB the database is actually
> almost empty. Just a few small records here and there. It seems that the
> database has lost almost all the data. They couldn't do that themselves as
> it would take days to delete everything by hand.
>
> In the folder with the database there has also appeared some extra files:
> prf4F.tmp, prf41.tmp, prf75.tmp and also an SMFiles with no .??? Indication
> after it though it says that it is a .dat file.

Strange, this is not Valentina files. 100%

> Could anybody shed any light on:
>
> 1. why this would have happened and

May be he have execute something as

        DELETE ... WHERE almost all records

> 2. Whether there is any way the data can be resurrected.

I think practically impossible.

You have open db files by hexedit?
Or db can be opened in VAPP (i.e. Db is not corrupted?)

What means db is not working?
Diagnose what say?

Db from under your server?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com