Advice please: tools for docs development

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 8 21:10:02 CDT 2004

On 6/8/04 7:50 PM, "Juergen Schreck" <lists at innernine.com> wrote:

Hi Juergen,

> I agree with Christer. Indesign CS (3.0.1) should cover a good 80-90%
> of your dream.

> Version control via VersionCue,

I will check it.

> XML import/export,

May be we have not understand its idea, but it work not in our dream.

When I import XML file, it import it inside, it DO NOT see any future
changes in that file.

> PDF generation,

yes

> Story editing/manaegment via InCopy, Web exchange via XML
> capability, kick-ass table editor.

Hmm, just today I have try draw diagram as I need:

        2 tables, left and right. Located on the same level.
        several records in each
        draw lines between records of 2 tables.

It do fine ONE table, but it is inserted in text mode, I cannot free move
it. I will look once again it.

> The only thing I don't know about is
> multiple languages, but I wouldn't be surprised if it handled that
> somehow.

> If you're thinking content-generation of some sort anyways
> (via XML) then I'm certain you could control languages at that level
> already.

> This recommendation doesn't cover your last wish to avoid InDesign
> because of price. But it's the only one I can make from my experience.
> :-)

:-)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com