Advice please: tools for docs development

Juergen Schreck lists at innernine.com
Tue Jun 8 11:50:57 CDT 2004

Ruslan,

I agree with Christer. Indesign CS (3.0.1) should cover a good 80-90%
of your dream. Version control via VersionCue, XML import/export, PDF
generation, Story editing/manaegment via InCopy, Web exchange via XML
capability, kick-ass table editor. The only thing I don't know about is
multiple languages, but I wouldn't be surprised if it handled that
somehow. If you're thinking content-generation of some sort anyways
(via XML) then I'm certain you could control languages at that level
already.

This recommendation doesn't cover your last wish to avoid InDesign
because of price. But it's the only one I can make from my experience.
:-)

Regards,
Juergen
------