[V4RB] Updating index of newly imported records seems to fail for me

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 6 14:33:30 CDT 2004

On 6/6/04 1:08 PM, "Richard Altenburg" <valentina at brainchild.nl> wrote:

> On 06-06-2004 09:04, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
>
>>> When I type the same SQL into ViSQL from my application to set all ServerURL
>>> values, it correctly works. This does not work from within my app on
>>> Windows.
>>
>> What type of ServerURL field?
>> Text ?
>
> It is a VarChar(504), and I also tested it with a String field. Same
> results.

Then this sounds simply incredible !!!

FIXED String simply cannot be corrupted.

You say that values are NOT stored into disk file.
Only values of SOME field?
Or values of ALL fields in that table?

If you will tell me that 10 fields get values and store them.
But one field not store values then I will not believe.
Because you talk not about TEXT field, where can be developer mistake.

Make sure that you really ASSIGN value into that field.

Also to mind come issue:
    field is marked as unique, buy you assign not unique values.
    then kernel simply refuse adding of the whole record with 344 error

I have see that you have send to RB list some code.
Please send it in text file as attachment directly to me,
Because in letters formatting of code is breaking. Not readable.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com