[V4RB] Updating index of newly imported records seems to fail for me

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 6 10:13:34 CDT 2004

On 6/6/04 1:54 AM, "Richard Altenburg" <valentina at brainchild.nl> wrote:

>> But your app opens the same db later,
>> And fails to read and search ???
>
> No, once ViSQL has set the ServerURL values in all records, my app reads
> them OK. It is just the problem that I can not set these values, or do
> anything else, after I have created so many thousands of newsgroups in the
> table.
>
>> Very very strange.
>> Then it sounds like bug in part of your app which do reading.
>> Right?
>
> No, the reading is OK.
>
> When I set the values in ViSQL, my program shows all data OK.
>
> When I create the database with an older version of my app, the new one
> shows the data OK.
>
> The problem is in the creation and modification of the data on Windows
> machines.

I see, so fail WRITE into field ServerURL. Ok.

1) I think import here is not important.
    you can make small project which create the same db, and the same table
    and do the same INSERTs, well, may be getting them from the same
    import file.

You see? This should be not hard to make such project and send to me.
I want to see what you add and how.

Send it me in not compiled form also.

>> It sounds like bug NOT in Valentina kernel.
>> Because they viSQL also must fail.
>
> When I use the same code on Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows, and only Windows
> fails since now, then there must be a bug in a place I can not control.
>
> All work arounds failed in the past 24 hours. I have no idea where to go
> from here...
>
> Can it be possible that since RB 5.5.2 other cursors, which I set to Nil
> before importing the data, are not released in time or something like that?

Well, you can SEE this self!

Set DebugLevel = 2 and run console app on Windows.
You must be able see log output from V4RB.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com