[V4RB] Updating index of newly imported records seems to fail for me

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Sun Jun 6 00:54:14 CDT 2004

On 05-06-2004 22:59, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>> When I stop my application and open the just created database in ViSQL I can
>> see that the data is there and I can search and update and delete records.
>> This does not work in the program itself.

> So after your import, viSQL correctly show data,
> And it correctly do searches?!

ViSQL shows that the groupnames are present, but it also shows that my
program did not manage to set the ServerURL for all records. They are all
empty.

When I type the same SQL into ViSQL from my application to set all ServerURL
values, it correctly works. This does not work from within my app on
Windows.

> And it do this even although Diagnose() say problems?
>   is your db encrypted?
>   it seems no.

Originally my database structure was encrypted, not the data.

I tested an hour without encryption on the structure, and it made no
difference to the result.

> But your app opens the same db later,
> And fails to read and search ???

No, once ViSQL has set the ServerURL values in all records, my app reads
them OK. It is just the problem that I can not set these values, or do
anything else, after I have created so many thousands of newsgroups in the
table.

> Very very strange.
> Then it sounds like bug in part of your app which do reading.
> Right?

No, the reading is OK.

When I set the values in ViSQL, my program shows all data OK.

When I create the database with an older version of my app, the new one
shows the data OK.

The problem is in the creation and modification of the data on Windows
machines.

> It sounds like bug NOT in Valentina kernel.
> Because they viSQL also must fail.

When I use the same code on Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows, and only Windows
fails since now, then there must be a bug in a place I can not control.

All work arounds failed in the past 24 hours. I have no idea where to go
from here...

Can it be possible that since RB 5.5.2 other cursors, which I set to Nil
before importing the data, are not released in time or something like that?