big table V4RB 1.10, RB 5.52, OS X 10.3

olivier vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Sat Jun 5 07:52:30 CDT 2004

> Hmm, you __see__ that it works slowly on 20 records only ???

Let us say that the result is not immediate (with my powerbook 400,
4500trn hard disk), and in the operations of sale I need an immediate
result.

> Try set cache 15MB

I do not know if my customers will have many RAM.
Then I prefer to make tests with not enough cache memory.

> Yes, Add/Delete can be slower.

> I will not recommend to use with Valentina table with so many fields.
> Because Valentina keep fields in separate files.
>
> If you can split table then split it.

I does not understand.

-Why the change at  1 column would set more time (significantly) in a
table of 150 columns than in a table of 30 columns?

-Why the addition of 1 line in 1 table of 150 columns would take much
more time than the addition of 1 line in 1 table of 30 columns + 9
tables of some columns ?

thank you very much

olivier