[V4RB] Updating index of newly imported records seems to fail for me

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Fri Jun 4 20:47:15 CDT 2004

Hi, Richard --

Is it possible that the serverURL field in your Windows implementation
isn't actually completely empty?  Perhaps there are stray CRs, LFs, or
spaces in the field.  Try this instead:

      rowsAffected = thePPOBase.SqlExecute("UPDATE Newsgroup SET
      ServerURL = '" + newsServerURL + "' WHERE ServerURL < '!'")

That will update all records where the first character is any of the
ASCII control values or a space.

HTH,

-- Erik