big table

olivier vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 4 18:57:46 CDT 2004

Sorry to talk again of this problem but in my tests (with it is true
few recordings), my database is faster (in reading) with a table of 150
columns than with 10 tables of 15 columns. Join them are a little bit
slow in that case.

> I will not recommend to use with Valentina table with so many fields.
> Because Valentina keep fields in separate files.

That is the risk of a big table (e.g. 150 columns)?
A less stable database?
slower savings and writing ?

My customers will have approximately 500 to 5000 recordings in this big
table.
It is a POS software, there will be thus often small modifications in
the table (e.g. in every sale, modification of the column 'stock' of
every sold product).

thank you

olivier