GetPicture/Trim

Chuck Neal chuck at mediamacros.com
Tue Jul 27 14:25:39 CDT 2004

Has there been any solution to the problem of setPicture/getPicture trimming
the white space off of an image? I ran a test. I created a 400X400 jpeg with
a white background and a small 100X100 image in the middle.  I imported into
Director and in the code it shows the correct member size of 400X400 before
using setPicture.

When I use getPicture to immediately retrieve the image, it only brings out
the 100X100 image.  Its as if it is running or using trimWhiteSpace() on
either the saving or loading of the data.  Blobs are a bit out of the
question as this project has some very large images and the file size is
extremely important. Has anyone found any kind of work around for this?

Thanks.

-Chuck
Chuck Neal
CEO, MediaMacros, Inc.