RTF editfields in Valentina?

jda jda at his.com
Mon Jul 26 12:44:35 CDT 2004

>  > I  am building a app in RB 5.5 that will have a a database of large text
>>  objects in RTF format; I will want to do searchs on the text and generate
>>  docments with rich formatting. Can Valentina handle this?
>
>Hi Brian,
>
>I have CC this to Valentina list for advice of other V4RB developers.
>
>I think in the worse case you can split you text on 2 parts:
>     - text itself and store it in TEXT field.
>     - style info and store it in BLOB field.

I use the method Ruslan outlines. I generate RTF from this info when
needed in RB itself. If you store the text as RTF (e.g. in a VText
field) your search strings will have to account for the embedded RTF
tokens, objects, etc.

Note: I rely heavily on raw Mac style info, but RS is deprecating
this. Some day it may go away, to be replaced by something (something
better than the new style info object, hopefully).

Jon