[V4RB] Still Unicode troubles

Peter De Berdt peter.de.berdt at pandora.be
Sat Jul 24 10:01:58 CDT 2004

On 23 Jul 2004, at 20:17, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 7/23/04 8:29 PM, "Eric Ferrer" <wonderfef at noos.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
>>> Valentina 1.x cannot work with unicode.
>>> You must not store unicode strings into Valentina,
>>> This will glitches.
>> OK, but...

>> Was I dreaming?
>
> I have not understand question.

Eric, you have to make a module containing 2 methods:

1. FOR EACH OPERATION THAT GETS RECORDS FROM VALENTINA INTO RB

Function unicode(textstring as string) As string
    return
convertEncoding(defineEncoding(textstring,encodings.systemDefault),encod
ings.UTF8)
End Function

2. FOR EACH OPERATION THAT INSERTS OR UPDATES RECORDS IN VALENTINA FROM
RB

Function ascii(tekst as string) As string
    return
convertEncoding(defineEncoding(tekst,encodings.UTF8),encodings.systemDef
ault)
End Function

Then you can just do something like:

myCursor=myDB.SQLSelect("SELECT * FROM Table WHERE
myField='"+asciicode(myQuery)+"'")

and

myEditField.text=unicode(mCursor.VarCharField("MyField").value)

Best regards

Peter De Berdt