server release

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 19 15:43:52 CDT 2004

On 7/19/04 3:20 PM, "Bram Van Steenlandt" <van.steenlandt.nv at pandora.be>
wrote:

> wgen I do the flush
> However the following is also something I do not understand
>
> suppose you have a db with some fields
> you add or change a field in db with vapp
> and you change the class in realbasic in the very same way
> -It can happen that the app won't start or starts and then crashes
>
> I have had some problems doing this and then when I re-create the db
> the problem is gone
> (off-corse then I have to import everything)
>
> howcome , is this a minor bug or am I doing things all wrong ?

Again, you need this only for your office during development of
You need this operation on computers of clients?

BTW, adding to me prev letter.

IF you do development and you have built some db with data,
Then yes, to create new fresh db, you need import back data.

Bram, note that CLASSES is named also "STATIC DB WAY" in Valentina docs.
You should use classes if you do not change structure often.
Otherwise you should use "dynamic way" instead of classes.

    db.CreateTable()
    db.DropTable

    tbl.CreateField()
    tbl.DropField

And so on.

In this way, you CAN change db structure in VAPP, and YOUR code still will
be okay, because now code NOT depend on physical order of fields like
CLASSES WAY (in 2.0 we will make CLASS WAY smarter).

Your code get access to fields and tables BY NAME.
So order is not important.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com