[4VMD] Query 1,5 million records...

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 17:50:16 CDT 2004

on 1/7/04 15:58, Paolo Sala at paolo.sala at ff3d.com wrote:

> In Macromedia DirectorMX, I've a simple query "SELECT * FROM tabName WHERE
> a='b'
> this table contains 1,5 million record but the time is very long, even better
> the query never ended!
> After that, the software is blocked and is impossible re-open the DB

Make sure that everything that needs to be is indexed (in this case the 'a'
field). I've had more complex searches than this on a database with 20m
records taking only 0.1 sec.

Building indexes can take a long time. I've found the best place to get them
built is in VApp, as it shows a progress bar.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture