V4MD 1.10

Roland Hildebrandt r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Wed Jan 28 08:49:24 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan !

It seems the problem depends of the type of field :

Long : (!) Table has X physical records but field has 256
Byte :  (!) Table has X physical records but field has 1024
Datetime:  (!) Table has X physical records but field has 128
String :  (!) Table has X physical records but field has (depend of string
length)
Float :  (!) Table has X physical records but field has 256

Where X is the number of records created in the table.

Varchar fields never has this problem.
I think it will work all right for boolean fields but I haven't tested it.

It seems this is linked with the segment size ??? In fact we use a quite
small segment size : 1024 when creating our bases because we need them to
use few disk space and we have a lot (often more than 50) of fields in each
table.

Thank a lot for all your answers !!!

Best regards
SBT / HAPPYneuron