Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

jda jda at his.com
Sat Jan 31 15:29:37 CST 2004

>>>some kind of lexicographic search
>>>to be able to look for "e" and find "è é ë" etc.
>>>
>>>some tunable soundsalike search
>>>to be able to look for "jon" and find "john, joan, jan" etc.
>>
>>Not sure. May be ICU library can do this.

Well, if we're getting into complex
searches/sorts: I'd like to be able to exclude
certain words/phrases in a sort. For example,
when sorting book titles it is common to ignore a
preceding "The". I've also read that in some
languages honorifics (if that's the right word)
in names are ignored during a sort, as in "von
Barron" would sort as "Barron" (I stand to be
corrected if I am incorrect on this).

Jon