Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

Tim Davis timdavis at amug.org
Sat Jan 31 13:21:56 CST 2004

>> some kind of lexicographic search
>> to be able to look for "e" and find "è é ë" etc.
>>
>> some tunable soundsalike search
>> to be able to look for "jon" and find "john, joan, jan" etc.
>
> Not sure. May be ICU library can do this.

I also would like to be able to select lexicographic and phonetic
algorithms (ie. Soundex) for searches AND sorts.

Additionally I would like to be able to define custom sorts of a unique
string pattern. For example, I recently was dealing with a string which
had patterned combination of strings and numbers. My result was to
break it up into three baseobject methods, and then Order By each of
those methods. It would be nice to be able to define a custom default
sort for strings/varchar to streamline use of that field.

Thanks,
Tim Davis

VSRV, V4RB