Lynn Fredricks, what logo and/or text should I include in myprogram?

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Sat Jan 31 08:45:19 CST 2004

Hi Richard,

> It has been quite some time since I used Valentina for
> REALbasic, but in the update to version 1.1 of our Picture
> Patrol Officer programs, we use Valentina to store tens of
> thousands of newsgroup names.
>
> We will release this update tomorrow morning, and I am busy
> updating our PAD files, web pages and help files.
>
> Now I would like to know if and how I should mention
> Paradigma or Valentina. I wanted to put Paradigma in the
> acknowledgment section of the help, but not for legal
> reasons, but just to say 'thank you' for such a nice database engine.
>
> What else should I do? (I know, I could read the agreement,
> but time is always expensive when you are about to release something)
>
> Thanks for your comments (which could be useful for other
> developers, I remember much discussions about it).

Thanks! If you've already inserted the required logos and references,
wherever else is entirely your option. Im not sure if Ruslan has posted all
different versions of the Valentina logo, but Im sure he can email them to
you. One thing we are very open to is matching the logo color to the color
scheme of your product. The original Valentina logo was designed as a flat
graphic, not dependent on any one color (well, it does have to contrast
enough to be visible, no white on white). Whenever anyone has asked if they
can change the color, we've always said yes.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC