[V4MD] query speed

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Fri Jan 30 10:04:09 CST 2004

At 09:54 30.01.2004, you wrote:
> > Hmm, sorry I can't remember seeing any caching features for V4MD.
> > Can you say what exactly you mean?
>
>     ValentinaInit( cacheSize )
>
>When you say 10MB this means Valentina allocate in RAM 10MB of space to
>cache disk data

Ok, the app contains a whole lot of pictures and text fields,
searched with RegEx. The size is 650 MB, so what is the ideal
cache size? I made speed tests and it was a lot faster searching
with a 16MB cache, than using a 4MB cache.

> > Kill the cache? How?
>
>     ValentinaShutDown() do this.

Ok, but I can't do that until the app is closed.
So how can I prevent the first search from being so slow?
I thought of doing a "dummy" search in the background,
while loading the app, so that the first user search is actually
the second search, which will be faster.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3934358322/lingmmugd