V4MD <NULL> vs ""

Roland Hildebrandt r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Wed Jan 28 09:30:36 CST 2004

Hi,

I get some strange things when retrieving some data from varchar fields or text fields :

The records has been created using importascii and the problematic fields has from time to time no value associated.

The problem is the following when retrieving the data from records where some varchar fields or text fields has no value :

When I use getcolumn or getrecord(s) then it returns <NULL> for these fields.
Where as when I use getfield it returns "".

Is there an explanation for this ? or should it always return <NULL> or "" ?

Thank's for any ideas

Best regards
SBT / HAPPYneuron
Roland HILDEBRANDT