question understanding lock levels

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Sat Jan 24 14:52:37 CST 2004

>Back to my real problem:
>
>If I set that cursor to nil, the lock should be destroyed, correct?
>
>I seem to be having problems where the lock still exists even after
>setting mCursor = nil, has anyone else seen this?  I'm getting 363
>errors when I try and do a SQLExecute, and I have no cursors in
>existence at the point when the SQLExecute occurs, or so I think.
>
>To end the lock, do you need to do something else besides setting
>the cursor to nil?

Do you flush the DB after writes?
I can't tell for RB, but I am having smaller problems using V4MD with
records being locked sometimes for a short period of time after write
access.

Since I flush the DB after each write I thought this might be related
to the flush. When I try to access them for a second time they are
readble again.

Erich