[V4RB] Does order in constructor make difference?

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Sat Jan 24 10:28:14 CST 2004

Hi,

> I've spent the last five hours to hunt down a problem I've never seen before.
> We're adding two new tables ("Rabatter" and "Rabattrader") to our main app,
> and when we tried to add data to the new tables the app crashed every time on
> the second table.

That's interesting. I've just spent three days working on (what I thought)
was a fast project just to keep track of all my contact information. I set
up two tablees in a single base object. The first table imported all my
contacts. The second has no info as yet. The first has a number of methods
calculated. When I run the program in RB, it works fine for a few records
(just spacing through and changing one detail) and then crashes
inexplicably. There is nothing wrong with the record. I wrote the whole
thing again. Crashed in a different place. I have now tried in several
different ways to write this (I write the database in VAPP) but it is
causing inexplicable crashes in all sorts of odd places. I am using the
latest download of V4RB and VAPP. When I run the database in VAPP with my
basic data, the data will all load on the screen yet when I quit it always
says quit unexpectedly. Very odd and also very time consuming. I'm not even
sure where to begin looking for the problem as the data (with the methods)
all appears to be working fine in VAPP and is also working fine with some
records in RB but is just crashing completely at odd times.

---

Cindy Brown
Programmer
SchoolMaster

Kowhai Programming Systems
PO Box 198, Invercargill
81 Marama Avenue South, 9RD Invercargill
Phone (03) 213 1243
Fax (03) 213 1248
Mobile (021) 354 930
<http://www.kowhaiprogramming.com/>