A couple of questions on licensing

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Fri Jan 23 09:53:56 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

please answer the following questions on embedded licenses:

In the license readme you write that I need to send the serial number
from the client on connect.

- May I also place the license file in folder "licenses" instead,
I.e. install the server with my license file in folder "licenses"? Or
do I explicitely need to send the number?

- If so, do I need to send it both on VServer connects AND on
VDatabase connects?

- Since options is the last parameter, do I need to explicitely
specify the port number, and a (client?) timeout too?

- If I send this number and someone buys additional connections, how
will this work together?

- what about the disable DNS option you metioned? Where can it be specified?

Thanks,
Erich