consistent error code

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 16 23:14:46 CST 2004

on 1/16/04 8:37 PM, X Y at xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am trying to catch error codes and determine which
> action to take. For example, when the database is
> being used by another person, I want the program to
> retry opening the DB. Otherwise, if there is any other
> problems such as couldnt find the network. I want the
> system to notify the user of an error.
>
> My question is when the database is locked by another
> user does it always return the error code: 32. I saw
> there is a -43 and -49 error code which noted the
> database is in use.

That is the problem.

1) first of all MAC and Windows return different codes.
This give us problems, yes?

I want in 2.0 wrap all often system codes by Valentina codes.
So we must get from Valentina on all platforms the same code.

2) As I have see both MAC and WIN can return different error codes
If we try to open read only db.

    read only volume (CD)   -- one error code
    read only file          -- other error code

I think you need try different cases and see what they return you.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com