DB design opinions

valentina at panamind.com valentina at panamind.com
Tue Jan 13 12:41:15 CST 2004

I have an interface design where fields can have multiple values,
usually displayed in a listbox. Currently I use separate tables for the
fields linked to the main table. An alternate method would be to store
the values as a delimited list in a VString field in the main table.

I don't have a problem with either method but would like opinions from
others on how they handle similar situations. Is there a  disadvantage
to having a high number of tables or does it matter?

Gary