[VServer] How to add/remove users

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 12 12:44:58 CST 2004

on 1/12/04 12:11 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

Hi Erich,

> I noticed an AddUser / RemoveUser option in Vserver Xtra (part of V4MD_Client)
> Ruslan told me to use these for registering users instead of directly
> wrirting to master.vdb.
>
> Now there are a couple of questions concerning registering users.
> 1. What's the right procedure? Init, then open master.vdb, then
> new(VServer), then AddUser?

No, simpler.

    srv = new Xtra ("VServer", "host", "sa", "sa" )
    srv.OpenSession()

        srv.AddUSer( "user", "passw", isadmin )

    srv.CloseSession()

> 2. After AddUser, what's the next step? Restart? Refresh? Do I need
> to flush master.vdb?

Nothing.

> 2. What exactly does an AddUser mean? Does it have an influence on
> connections? I mean: If I register 20 users for a database with 5
> licenses, will they have access if only 5 of these 20 are logged in
> at a time? Or do I need to remove users if they exceed the limit of
> licenses?

AddUser adds just info Login/Password.

You can have a lots of different logins.
But only 5 of them can be active in the moment.

Vserver on start have one administrator login "sa" / "sa"

When you will make deployment archive,
It is good idea to CHANGE this names to something special.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com