[VServer] How to add/remove users

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Mon Jan 12 11:11:35 CST 2004

I noticed an AddUser / RemoveUser option in Vserver Xtra (part of V4MD_Client)
Ruslan told me to use these for registering users instead of directly
wrirting to master.vdb.

Now there are a couple of questions concerning registering users.
1. What's the right procedure? Init, then open master.vdb, then
new(VServer), then AddUser?

2. After AddUser, what's the next step? Restart? Refresh? Do I need
to flush master.vdb?

2. What exactly does an AddUser mean? Does it have an influence on
connections? I mean: If I register 20 users for a database with 5
licenses, will they have access if only 5 of these 20 are logged in
at a time? Or do I need to remove users if they exceed the limit of
licenses?

Erich Geiersberger

Media Connect Multimedia
Gratzmuellerstr. 1