Adding Records at Start

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 8 10:20:29 CST 2004

on 1/8/04 10:05 AM, Cindy Brown at cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com wrote:

Hi Cindy,

> I don't think in this case the structure is bad, it is just that Mark wants
> to order it in a certain way which makes it a little more difficult. I could
> have a student database with a number of students in similar families with
> the same last name which would mean there would be duplicates, but I
> wouldn't then create a second database to just hold the last names.

Not agree.

Look, in your example the DIFFENRENT students have the same last name.
Students, are DIFFERENT real world objects.
So here there is NO duplication of data.

But If you will do table PERson/Phones as

    Ruslan Zasukhin 1111
    Ruslan Zasukhin 2222
    Ruslan Zasukhin 3333
    Ruslan Zasukhin 4444

You get duplicated because you repeat data of the same real world object in
few records. This is bad.

It is bad for example, because IF I need change one letter Ruslan -> Rulan
It is very hard do this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com