Adding Records at Start

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Thu Jan 8 21:05:42 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I don't think in this case the structure is bad, it is just that Mark wants
to order it in a certain way which makes it a little more difficult. I could
have a student database with a number of students in similar families with
the same last name which would mean there would be duplicates, but I
wouldn't then create a second database to just hold the last names. It would
definitely be overkill and a lot harder to work with. In my case, DISTINCT
would probably work because I would order in last name order which would be
fine. In Mark's case, he wants a different order to alphabetical so he needs
to set up a separate order system. The database structure itself looks fine,
at least to me.

All the best.

Cindy

--

Cindy Brown
Programmer

Kowhai Programming Systems
PO Box 198, Invercargill
81 Marama Avenue South, 9RD Invercargill
Phone (03) 213 1243
Fax (03) 213 1248
Mobile (021) 354 930
<http://www.kowhaiprogramming.com/>