AW: [V4MD] V4MD Xtra vs. V4MD_client Xtra

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 7 22:37:08 CST 2004

on 1/7/04 9:48 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

> I do not need both xtras at the same time.
>
> Besides adding Xtras to a Projector or keeping them in an Xtras
> folder, Director offers a third option of opening an Xtra from ANY
> folder and closing it again after use.

I see.

> So all I would want to to is:

> Start my director app WITHOUT ANY Valentina Xtra in Xtras folder or projector.
> I have two other folders "master" and "client" containing the V4MD
> Xtra and the V4MD_client Xtra.
> When I need the master Xtra, I just open it with openxlib(the
> moviepath & "master" & gsep & "V4MD.X32")
> -> This works.

> When I don't need it any more I want to close it with closexlib(the
> moviepath & "master" & gsep & "V4MD.X32")
> This will of course only work, if there are no current instances of
> the Xtra any more.

> -> That's what doesn't work. It seems the Xtra is still in use after
> destroying all of its instances.

Have you made ValentinaShutDown() ?

> Next it should be possible to open the other Xtra by calling
> openxlib(the moviepath & "client" & gsep & "V4MD_Client.X32") etc.
>
> You see?
> If that's not possible for some reason I need to go the other way.

I see, Erich.

GREAT WAY !!! I love Director.   :-)

So we need find reason, when you cannot unload V4MD.

Make sure that you have

-- close all dbs
-- set all cursors, and db to VOID
-- call Valentina ShutDown

If this not help, I think you must be able quite simply modify Example1 of
V4MD to THIS way and sent to me. I will try debug what keep V4MD from
unload.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com