AW: [V4MD] V4MD Xtra vs. V4MD_client Xtra

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Wed Jan 7 18:04:01 CST 2004

Hi Erich!

Just a few thoughts...

1. Why not use the server always, also for "single user"... If you are a VDN
member, it will not cost you more since the server with up to 5 connections
does not cost per installation...
This way you have much less work and "switching" from single to server mode
is technically no longer necessary. At least this how I do it and it is
working perfect.

2. Why would you use openXlib? I wonder if you could use both xtras in the
same folder, calling one or the other.

3. I guess you can upgrade to the server version but not downgrade? So maybe
you could call another projector copying the server xtra to XTRAS and
installing the server, then restart your application.

4. Why read data from single and write to server database? Aren't they
compatible Ruslan?? If so you could easily change the database path in the
server ini with BUDAPI maybe, restart and that is it...
Or you install the server and just COPY (fileXtra) the DB to the database
folder...

Best regards, Florian