[V4MD] V4MD Xtra vs. V4MD_client Xtra

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Wed Jan 7 17:51:25 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

my current project requires that the user has a choice to install
either a single user database or a server version.
Since there is also an option to update from a single user version to
the server version, the installation process is rather complex since
I need to read data from an existant single user version and write to
the server database during installation.

Obviously, using the V4MD_Client Xtra does not give me access to the
single user database since this Xtra expects a running server. So, I
have tried to open the Xtras I need during installation explicitely
with openxlib() and close them afterwards with closexlib().

This does not work as expected. I always get an "xtras in use" error
when I try do close the current Xtra, even if my database and all
instances of the Xtra have been disposed.
What shall I do?

Regards,
Erich Geiersberger

Media Connect Multimedia